Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Magical Grimoires and Relationships With Angels

I apologize to my readers... it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been working on a magical Grimoire which has been taking up a great deal of my time. I can already tell that its going to be a powerful magical tool, and am excited about finishing it. Alas, until then my blogs may be sporadic and short.

For those of you who have not made one, I suggest doing so at some point in your magical life-time. It is of course important to understand that a Grimoire is not just a book of your works, but a living extension of yourself, a doorway that can immediately connect you to another world. It is not a magical diary. For example, I am making a Grimoire for a specific set of angels. When I am finished I will purify and consecrate it and then put it through specific rituals to make it a talisman so that I can immediately connect with the beings that I have been forming a relationship with.

On this point, one should not merely make a book containing the sigils, images, properties etc. of particular beings without having first formed a relationship with them. Or if one has he should then with the book in hand contact the beings so that it may put its energy within the pages of the book that it corresponds to it. The purpose here being that we should work with all benevolent energies in a respectful manner. It is easier and more beneficial to both you and the entity to have a close bond. Also remember the more purified the energy the more respectful one should be as that energy is closer to the True Divine. Not, only are we speaking of contacting entities which are of a Divine nature, but on a more practical level, can we expect to get a great amount of help from a being whom we've treated badly? Also remember lauding ones power over any being is merely a reflection of a puffed-up ego, and the less purified one is, (especially in this area) the less effective their magic or connection will be. Instead let us be mindful to express the true nature of ourselves, invoking the Higher so that we may tap into and use these energies effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment